If you haven’t already hugged your kids today, here are ten good reasons to do so now. And if you have, here’s a bunch of good excuses to hug them again.
2. Hugs give you a good feeling inside.
3. Kids need hugs to stay healthy. I once read — although I cannot for the life of me remember where — that for optimal health, kids need a minimum of seven hugs a day.
4. So do parents.
5. Hugs mean “I love you.”
6. Hugs get you close enough to actually whisper “I love you” right in their ear.
7. Hugs also make it easier to pat them on the back and tell them how proud you are of them.
8. Hugs can sometimes lead to tickling, which leads to laughter, which is also good medicine.
9. Hugs are fun.
10. Kids grow up fast. Once they leave home, you won’t be able to just hug them anytime you feel like it. So you’d better hug them now while you’ve got the chance. Especially the teenaged ones.
And while you are doling out hugs, be sure to give a few to your spouse, as well. You’ll want to be well-practiced for when your nest is empty. Otherwise, you may have a hard time keeping up with that seven-per-day quota.
Leave a Reply