Since we all know that laughter is the best medicine, and since every April Fool’s prank I’ve ever pulled has backfired, I thought I’d celebrate today by spreading a little sunshine instead of playing tricks. Here are a dozen funny memes I recently spotted on Pinterest that actually made me laugh out loud. I hope they’ll give you a good laugh, too:
1. Indisputable FindingsI was initially excited to think that the little extra weight I’m carrying might benefit me somehow… then I realized this was written in jest. It’s undoubtedly an accurate observation, but a joke all the same.
2. An Honest Mistake
Those expressions are so priceless! I’d be a little afraid of making such a mistake myself if I had two babies at a time to care for. Don’t know how mothers of twins manage!
3. A Tough Decision
It would be in poor taste to play it, 50-point bonus or not. But he could play “veins” or “noise” instead and still get a double letter score out of it.
4. Old Habits Die Hard
I’ve often been tempted to do the same thing.
5. Thanks for Telling Us
Too late to do anything about it now…
But why drive a car when you can fly?
7. Beware of Eye StrainI’m sure this is what I must look like when I try to thread a needle early in the morning. Fortunately, most of my kids sleep through that spectacle.
8. I Love Nerdy Humor(H2O is water, of course, but H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide. Nobody would want to drink that.)
9. She Just Couldn’t Help HerselfGotta love that granny…
10. What Would We Do without Social Media?
Ha! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I never post pictures of coffee cups… or of anything else, for that matter. (That’s right, I can understand all sorts of esoteric math and chemistry jokes, but I can’t figure out how to upload a single picture to the Instagram account I opened two years ago.)
11. I’m Prone to Unrealistic Expectations, Too
Or maybe it’s just a RECEIPT for the pony, which is quietly grazing in her backyard even now… Surprise!
12. Don’t You Say These Things, Too?
And I had to include this one, because Anita Renfroe does such a brilliant job of putting all the things a mother says in a day into rhyming verse, then setting it to music. This song makes me smile every time I hear it.
If you share my same quirky sense of humor, you will find more funny memes on my Life Cracks Me Up Pinterest board, so connect with me there! Hope you have a happy April Fools Day. Don’t take any wooden nickels.